Monday, August 10, 2009

Colors

Have you ever wondered if someone sees different colors than you do?

I mean, it's impossible to prove that what I see as the color green is the exact same shade as someone else. Maybe my green is blue to them. Maybe that's why people have different favorite colors.

What if everyone's favorite color was the same shade, yet every person had a different name for it? Maybe my green is the same shade as my sister's purple. Maybe this shade is aesthetically pleasing to everyone.

Or maybe people do see different shades and favorite colors are dependent on personality. For myself, I don't understand how anyone could like the color orange, or purple, and yet I know people who love those colors. Perhaps our personalities really do affect the way we see shades and colors.

Isn't it amazing that this world is full of color?

And yet, what if there was another shade that humans just can't see? The typical rainbow is seen by most; but what if there is another color on a different planet that we have no name for; that we don't know exists?

It's hard to imagine a different color other than red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, black, white, brown, pink, or variations of these. But I bet, somewhere out there, there is a different color that we don't have a name for. It's impossible to imagine what it would look like, or to describe it, but it's probably out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment