Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Love: Part I

So I'm sitting here listening to the soundtrack from Pride & Prejudice and I'm just thinking about the basis for the movie.

What is it about mysterious people that gets us so attracted? Why do we chase after the one we aren't sure of rather than settle for the one we are safe with? Why indeed?

This is one of many posts I will eventually post about love. It's such an addictive concept. I, for one, am a true believer in love and romanticism. I believe in love at first sight. Ridiculous, I know, but I like the idea of it.

And this post is about to get bitter.

I don't understand why people throw love away like it's nothing. I hate how people seem to have no problem getting involved in "one night stands" or hook-ups. Whatever happened to being in love before having sex? Apparently, in this modern world, it's all about the immediate pleasure. Nobody ever thinks of the consequences.

Love is such an elusive feeling now. High school was such a culture shock to me. Everyone I know, even the people I thought were decent, cheat on their boyfriends/girlfriends. Fine, whatever, we're in high school, we're supposed to have fun. I just wish feelings didn't have to get hurt in the process.

People are aging and not maturing. While I'm waiting to find the one I love, everyone around me is fooling around with everyone else. It drives me insane.

I just wish, for once, that I could find something pure and real.

No comments:

Post a Comment