Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Honesty

Time for something I'm a huge advocate for: honesty. There's not enough of it in the world now. I'm honest at all costs, and even if it hurts a friendship, I refuse to lie or pretend to be something I'm not.

One of my friends drives me crazy. I love her, but every other thing out of her mouth is something that isn't true. She makes up things about herself to make her life seem more interesting or to make guys interested in her. Eventually, her lies are going to be found out and nobody will trust her. I don't even trust her when she says I'm her best friend because she says it to everyone.

Don't be like that. It's okay if your friend asks something like "Am I fat?" and you say no even if you think they are. It's common courtesy. But if you're going to spread lies about yourself, you might as well destroy your name and everything you are.

The whole reason the world is how it is today is because people aren't honest. Think of all the problems that could be solved with honesty. Except people don't want to say the truth anymore because then they're considered mean or harsh. I don't understand how people feel good hearing compliments from someone who is obviously lying.

No comments:

Post a Comment